From Chelsea Green:
This filmed workshop on year-round vegetable production offers farmers and gardeners the rare chance to sit in with Eliot Coleman, one of the pioneers of the organic farming movement and author of The New Organic Grower, Four-Season Harvest, and The Winter Harvest Handbook. Included in the DVDs:
- The history of season-extension farming in Europe
- Information on moveable greenhouses and using fabric covers
- Growing tips in terms of nutrition and marketability
- Rodent control
- Curing and packing using sustainable materials
- How to work with restaurants and chefs (and create a demand)
- Information on tools, soil health, and vegetable varieties that survive well in the cold
- Additional photos, diagrams, and climate maps
Read more here.
Vodpod videos no longer available.